GWF internal auditor training
A new audit program was approaching roll-out stage at GWF, and its various organisations wanted the program to be embraced across the business. A previous internal audit program had not been well accepted by GWF’s operating divisions, and this had created some internal conflict and unhealthy competition. It also meant the divisions had developed negative attitudes towards the internal auditors. Adding to the challenge, the internal auditors had various levels of audit experience and qualifications.
- Train internal audit team in new audit program.
- Transfer Verus’ audit approach and methodology to the internal audit team.
GWF had reported that their close, collaborative audit experience with Verus was the style they wanted their internal team to have. So, we investigated which attributes of our style and methodology have helped us develop trust, understanding and engagement with auditees over the years – and used this insight to develop and deliver GWF’s new training program.
- Defined key learning objectives for the internal audit training program.
- Designed a training package aimed at delivering the learning objectives.
- Delivered the training session combined with a practical audit exercise at one of the client’s sites.
- Evaluated audit reports from the exercise and provided feedback.