Some consider finance to have a relatively small risk profile, focused mainly on security. However, financial operators must mitigate a comprehensive range of facility, biological, psychological and security risks.
With branches moving away from physical barriers in the search for digital improvement and a greater customer experience, the sector faces a new look at old hazards. These include:
- Branch designs that encourage closer interaction with customers mean greater risks around customer aggression and exposure to biological hazards.
- Facility hazards including asbestos, air quality, heat, access and the weight of floor safes.
- Hazards around handling cash, moving coin, and ergonomic, security and design risks.
- Risks faced by staff travelling to visit customers.
Some of these risks are now potentially compounded in light of the 2019 Banking Royal Commission and the influence this has had on customer attitudes towards banks and their front line employees.
How Verus can help
Verus has worked extensively within the finance industry to identify, understand and implement effective controls and safe systems of work for these and many other risks. Our experience gives us an appreciation for what works when it comes to building effective systems, engaged workers and improved business. We can work with you to:
- Conduct a sense check on your system’s performance through audit.
- Develop a comprehensive health and safety management system.
- Investigate and mitigate specific risks and incidents.