Nando’s – safety strategy – Aust & NZ
Nando’s wanted to transform their HSW program to one that would work in a restaurant environment and meet both New Zealand and Australian legislative requirements for health and safety. It also needed to be developed during the COVID-19 lockdowns and leverage their existing leadership programs and global purpose of ‘changing lives, together’.
- Define a consistent vision for health and safety.
- Develop a plan that sets out strategic improvements to leverage the existing strong culture around employee wellbeing.
- Leverage existing programs, global purpose and people-focused culture.
- Ensure compliance with Australian and New Zealand laws.
We combined our retail and food & beverage experience, including experience with developing strategic plans, and knowledge of OHS management systems that could be used in restaurant environments, to help transform Nando’s HSW program.
- Reviewed existing OHS performance, information and internal policies and procedures.
- Reviewed and conducted interviews remotely with senior leadership.
- Engaged with teams remotely to conduct surveys and polls in restaurants across Australia and New Zealand.
- Developed a plan that outlined eight key improvement areas.
- Tailored improvement areas to both operations and corporate practices.